Younus AlGohar explains how awakening of the heart is central to one's faith and the first step on the path of guidance.
This video is in Urdu.
- Muslims have considered the Quran to the be the source of knowledge, but the true source of knowledge is Prophet Mohammad. Gabriel revealed the Quran on the heart of Prophet Mohammad; benevolence of the Quran will only be obtained from the heart of Prophet Mohammad. Those who believed this Quran in book form to be the only source of their knowledge became Shias, Sunnis, Wahhabis, etc.
- To get connected to God, you must awaken your heart. You cannot awaken or reform your heart on your own. Prophet Mohammad said, 'O' Son of Adam, there is a lump of flesh inside you. If it is set right, the entire body is set right. If it is corrupt, the entire body is corrupt. Remember well: it is your heart.' Reformation of the heart is the first step on the path to guidance.
- Bait (pledging allegiance to a spiritual guide) is done for a specific purpose: to obtain what you cannot obtain on your own. A true spiritual guide will awaken your heart and engage it Dhikr of Ism-e-Dhaat Allah Hu (Invocation of God’s Name). Adopting hermitage and austerity will not help you on the spiritual path until after you’ve awakened your heart.
- The way Lord Ra Riaz Gohar Shahi has explained spirituality is so easy to understand. Educated and uneducated people alike will listen to Lord Ra Riaz’s explanation of spirituality and understand it in the same way. The Quran says those who do Dhikr (Invocation) are alive and those who don’t do Dhikr are dead. Lord Ra Riaz Gohar Shahi revealed the secret behind this and said that those whose hearts are engaged in Dhikr are alive; those whose hearts do not do Dhikr are alive, but they are known to be among the dead.
- Prophet Mohammad said, ‘I sleep but my heart never sleeps.’ Prophet Mohammad’s heart does Dhikr and it is obligatory upon every follower of Prophet Mohammad that their hearts also engage in Dhikr. As long as your heart does not engage in Dhikr, you can’t be called a Momin because you’ve only accepted Islam with your word of mouth; faith has not entered your heart according to the Quran.
- When your heart is awakened, it progresses from the stage of Qalb-e-Snobar to the stage of Qalb-e-Saleem (a heart that has been secured from Satan). It then progresses to Qalb-e-Muneeb (a heart turned towards God); this is when the heart can travel. Finally, when divine theophanies fall upon one’s heart, the heart enters the final stage of Qalb-e-Shaheed. The progress of the heart is directly related to the purification of the Nafs (Self). When the heart reaches the stage of Qalb-e-Shaheed, divine theophanies also fall upon the Nafs and purify it; this is when it is known as Nafs-e-Mutamaina.
- When we say to God, ‘Show us the straight path,’ it is our hearts that will travel on this path.
- When you read Salat (a form of prayer), you are supposed to see God. If you are not able to see God, you are supposed to make yourself worthy of coming under God’s sight. Those are Mohsin who have reached the stage of seeing God. God said that those who are in search for God should know that he is near to Mohsineen. Examples of Mohsineen are Lal Shahbaz Qalandar and Abdul Qadir Jilani. When someone sees God, the image of God’s beauty is imprinted on their eyes and then from their eyes to their hearts. Then to them God says, ‘Go down. Whoever looks at you will be looking at me.’
- Imam Mehdi’s image on the Moon is also giving Izn-e-Dhikr-e-Qalb to people. Lord Ra Riaz Gohar Shahi promises, ‘I will help you until you find God.’ Right now, you can only awaken your heart through Lord Ra Riaz Gohar Shahi.
You can watch the live recordings of these videos every day at 22:00 GMT on http://younusalgohar.com.
Can’t access this video? Watch it on Daily Motion.
Listen to this speech on the go with SoundCloud.