Younus AlGohar examines the religion of Islam and how people derive radical interpretations of it.
- It would be unwise to say Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Islam because somehow or other, it has flavours of Islam. Islam would have remained as a religion of peace had Islam been constantly aligned with Sufi practice. It is the spiritual knowledge within Islam that sustains sanity and peace among Muslims and other nations. In some way, Islam has a part to play in the ongoing atrocities. This happens when only external aspect of Islam is practised or researched.
- People need to understand the fact that spiritual faculties in human beings are not controlled by the external aspect of the religion. Whether you love or hate, forgive or take revenge, feel happy for others or become jealous - these things have nothing to do with the external aspect of the religion. They have to do with your inner faculties.
- The different souls and spirits that a human body has in it have the ability and potential to manifest divine attributes. Souls in the body must be nurtured, trained & enlightened. If not, you'll be a mark of humiliation on humanity despite practising a religion.
- The Quran is not an easy book. Understanding of the Quran does not come from any sort of intelligence you have in your brain. If knowledge of the Quran isn't aligned with the Sufi doctrine of love, it will always mislead the masses. It won't guide those lacking spiritual knowledge. The source of true wisdom and divine intelligence comes only when the heart is completely purified and your inner devil is completely mortified.
- Today most Muslims do not know true Islam. If you are a Muslim, you must imitate Sufis like Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti, Abdul Qadir Jilani, etc. If Zakir Naik says that following Prophet Mohammad is haram (prohibited) in Islam, then he is going against the commandment of the Quran. Islam is what comes from Prophet Mohammad and God. If you pollute it with your thoughts or opinions, it's not worthy of being accepted by anyone.
You can watch the live recordings of these videos every day at 22:00 GMT on http://younusalgohar.com.
Can’t access this video? Watch it on Daily Motion.
Listen to this speech on the go with SoundCloud.