Younus AlGohar answers questions from a member of the Shia sect of Islam regarding the Quran, Prophet Mohammad, Hazrat Ali, Sharia and Imam Mehdi.
- People haven’t been able to understand the Quran in the true sense. Prophet Mohammad said, ‘I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate.’ He further said, ‘For whomsoever I am lord, Ali is also lord.’ When he directed Muslims to obtain knowledge from him and Ali, why are they studying the Quran? If the Quran has been modified and you have connected to Prophet Mohammad and Ali, then you won’t be affected. The Quran itself also tells Muslims to follow Prophet Mohammad. The other 10 chapters of the Quran will also be found by connecting to Prophet Mohammad.
- For us, Prophet Mohammad and Ali are more worthy of respect than the Quran. People who followed Prophet Mohammad and Ali were guided; those who depended on the Quran for all knowledge and guidance were left in a lurch. Those who follow Ali should also adopt his teachings, that of spirituality. We do not believe in him because we are Shias or Sunnis, but rather because this is the truth.
- The Quran we have today was not compiled under God’s command. It was not guaranteed protected by God. God promised to safeguard the Quran that was revealed unto Prophet Mohammad’s heart.
- Sharia is of two types: exoteric and esoteric. Exoteric Sharia is about keeping the body clean; esoteric Sharia is about purifying the Nafs (Self). Esoteric Sharia is not to be found in the books. In the company of spiritual dignitaries appointed by Prophet Mohammad for esoteric Sharia, people’s Nafs get purified.
- Muslims from the beginning disrespected Prophet Mohammad and those he appointed. Today if Muslims who do not respect their Prophet are terrorists, why is it surprising? It was the Muslims who conspired against Ali and got him killed.
- We believe Imam Mehdi is Sayedna Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi because this is the truth. Imam Mehdi Gohar Shahi gave us so much knowledge and benevolence. Only He is Imam Mehdi who God appointed.
You can watch the live recordings of these videos every day at 22:00 GMT on http://younusalgohar.com.
Can’t access this video? Watch it on Daily Motion.
Listen to this speech on the go with SoundCloud.